How to add the Avalanche Network to MetaMask
To participate in Polkastarter IDOs on the Avalanche Network, follow this quick and simple step-by-step tutorial on how to add the Avalanche network on MetaMask:
1. Download MetaMask from their official site.
They have a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, Brave and Edge, and a mobile iOS and Android app.
2. Create a wallet by following the instructions.
Once you get to the backup seed phrase, make sure you write it down. It would be more secure on a piece of paper rather than storing it on your computer or phone. When your wallet is ready, it should look something like this:
3. As you can see, the default network on MetaMask is set to the Ethereum Mainnet (top right). It’s time to add Avalanche to the list.
4. There are two options on how you can add Avalanche to your MetaMask:
1. Click on the dropdown menu on 'https://polkastarter.com/' and select Avalanche. This will add Avalanche automatically to your MetaMask.
2. or, you can add it manually by clicking on Networks, select ‘Custom RPC’, and you should see this menu pop up:
6. You are now ready to take part in a Polkastarter IDO on Avalanche.